FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, November 16th, 2017
CHEF DAVID CHANG TO JOIN NBC OLYMPICS IN PYEONGCHANG
Chang to Present Features & Offer Insight on Korean Food and Culture
The Winter Olympics Begin Feb. 8 on the Networks of NBCUniversal
STAMFORD, Conn. – November 16, 2017 – The award-winning chef David Chang will join NBC Olympics for its Winter Games coverage in PyeongChang, South Korea, it was announced today.
Chang will serve as an NBC Olympics special correspondent, who will provide viewers with an insider’s look at Korean food, culture and traditions. Chang, a second generation Korean American who founded the Momofuku Restaurant Group, will take part in multiple features and discussions.
“I’m incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to explore South Korea with NBC Olympics. One of the great things about eating in Korea is that you can find delicious food everywhere, from street food to 3 Michelin star dining. It’s an amalgamation of influences from all over the world. It truly doesn’t get more multicultural than this.” – David Chang
“The food experience in Korea means so much more than just having a meal – it’s how families come together, how friendships are made, and how business gets done. And there is no one more qualified to introduce us to this extraordinary cuisine, take us inside these special rituals, and share some of the unique stories they represent than David Chang.” – Jim Bell, President, NBC Olympics Production & Programming
SNAP SHOTS – NBC OLYMPICS’ DAVID CHANG
- Making NBC Olympics debut in PyeongChang
- Chef and founder of Momofuku, which includes restaurants in New York, Washington D.C., Sydney, Toronto, Las Vegas, and a bakery (Milk Bar) established by award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi with multiple locations
- Since 2004, Chang has been honored with five James Beard Foundation Awards (Rising Star Chef of the Year, Best Chef New York City, Best New Restaurant – Momofuku Ko, Outstanding Chef, Who’s Who of Food and Beverage). Momofuku Ko has two Michelin stars, which it has maintained since 2009.
- Before opening Noodle Bar in 2004, Chang worked in the kitchens of Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Daniel Boulud and Tom Colicchio.
- His cookbook, Momofuku, is a New York Times best seller
- Chang has been featured on the covers of Forbes Life and New York magazine and, was recognized as one of Time magazine’s 100, Fortune’s “40 Under 40,” Fast Company’s “1000 most creative people in business,” and Esquire’s “most influential people of the 21st century.”
- He is a regular contributor to GQ magazine, and was recognized in the magazine’s man of the year issue in 2007.
THE WINTER OLYMPICS BEGIN FEB. 8, 2018 ON THE NETWORKS OF NBCUNIVERSAL
— PYEONGCHANG 2018 —