FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, October 13th, 2017
NBC SPORTS CHICAGO TO CARRY EXPANDED, MULTI-PLATFORM CHICAGO CUBS/NLCS PREGAME-POSTGAME COVERAGE THIS WEEKEND!
Game 1 coverage on Saturday, October 14
“Cubs Pregame Live: NLCS Game 1” at 6:30 PM CT
“Cubs Postgame Live: NLCS Game 1” at approx. 10:30 PM CT
Game 2 coverage on Sunday, October 15
“Cubs Pregame Live: NLCS Game 2” at 6:00 PM CT
“Cubs Postgame Live: NLCS Game 2” at approx. 9:30 PM CT
“In the Loop: Road to a Repeat” Cubs special to air TONIGHT at 9:30 PM CT
NBC Sports Chicago live stream available 24/7 on NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive or via the NBC Sports app
Chicago, IL (October 13, 2017) – Following one of the most intense and thrilling post-season games in MLB history, NBC Sports Chicago, the multi-platform home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of defending World Series Champion Chicago Cubs, will be providing fans with LIVE expanded, surrounding coverage of the Cubs highly-anticipated National League Championship Series rematch against the Los Angeles Dodgers this weekend!
Game 1 (Saturday, October 14) and Game 2 (Sunday, October 15) of the NLCS will take place in Los Angeles and NBC Sports Chicago will provide viewers with expanded editions of Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group and Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois featuring hosts David Kaplan (@thekapman) and David DeJesus (@David_DeJesus3), along up-to-the-minute on-site reports from Dodger Stadium via Cubs beat reporter Kelly Crull (@Kelly_Crull) and NBCSportsChicago.com Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney (@MooneyNBCS).
Please note the following details for NBC Sports Chicago’s surrounding Cubs-Dodgers NLCS coverage this weekend…NOTE: NBC Sports Chicago live stream also available on www.NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive or via the NBC Sports app to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers:
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14
6:30 PM – Cubs Pregame Live: NLCS Game 1 presented by Fields Auto Group – Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s David Kaplan and David DeJesus, this special edition of Cubs Pregame Live will break down and preview Game 1 of the NLCS featuring numerous interviews, a complete series overview featuring pitching match-ups and player analyses, a recap of regular season Cubs-Dodgers head-to-head highlights, along with the latest on-field pre-game reports from Dodger Stadium via Kelly Crull and Patrick Mooney.
10:30 PM (time approx.) – Cubs Postgame Live: NLCS Game 1 presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois – An expanded post-game edition of Cubs Postgame Live, hosted by Kaplan and DeJesus, will feature Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conference, live locker room player interviews, a complete breakdown of the Game 1, plus, additional live on-field, post-game reports from Crull, a preview of Game 2, and much more. This edition of Cubs Postgame Live can also be viewed on Facebook Live (www.Facebook.com/NBCSChicago).
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 15
6:00 PM – Cubs Pregame Live: NLCS Game 2 presented by Fields Auto Group – Hosted by David Kaplan and David DeJesus, this special edition of Cubs Pregame Live will break down and preview Game 2 of the NLCS, which will also feature a thorough recap of Game 1, pitching match-up previews, along with the latest on-field pre-game reports from Dodger Stadium via Kelly Crull and Patrick Mooney.
9:30 PM (time approx.) – Cubs Postgame Live: NLCS Game 2 presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois – An expanded edition of Cubs Postgame Live, hosted by Kaplan and DeJesus, will feature Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conference, live locker room player interviews, a complete breakdown of the Game 2, plus, additional live on-field, post-game reports from Crull, and a look ahead to Games 3 & 4 (and 5 if nec.) as the NLCS shifts to Wrigley Field beginning Tuesday. This edition of Cubs Postgame Live can also be viewed on Facebook Live (www.Facebook.com/NBCSChicago).
TONIGHT at 9:30 PM/10:30 PM CT (and airing at 10:30 PM on weeknights throughout the Cubs playoff run), NBC Sports Chicago will provide viewers with expanded Cubs playoff coverage on In the Loop: Road to a Repeat presented by State Farm. This half-hour show, featuring a rotation of Cubs experts including Kaplan, DeJesus, Crull, Mooney, and additional special guests, will provide fans with up-to-the-minute Cubs-Dodgers NLCS news and updates, player/manager interviews, workout day feature reports, comprehensive game previews/recaps, an overview of the ALCS, and much more.
In addition, NBCSportsChicago.com, will provide even more exclusive Cubs/NLCS content including the following highlights:
- Live stream of Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conferences (sponsored by Xfinity) following every NLCS game.
- NBCSportsChicago.com Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney will provide extensive team/player news, special feature stories, and much more throughout the NLCS. Follow him on Twitter @MooneyNBCS for 24/7 inside access. In addition, Cubs digital reporter and producer Tony Andracki (@TonyAndracki23) will also provide Cubs reports/features on the beat with Mooney for every NLCS game. Plus – David Kaplan (@thekapman), David DeJesus (David_DeJesus3), and Kelly Crull (@Kelly_Crull) will also provide additional updates and reports from their perspective throughout the NLCS.
- Complete coverage of the Cubs/NLCS can be found at NBCSportsChicago.com’s “CubsTalk” section presented by Wintrust (http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs) featuring the very latest game day reports, detailed series analysis, video features, and much more. For complete 24/7 Cubs coverage, fans are urged to followed @NBCSCubs on Twitter.
- IPowWow – On every edition of “Cubs Pregame Live,” Cubs fans can vote in real-time on a specific topical question that will offer up five choices…fans just need to log onto NBCSportsChicago.com/vote to cast their vote as many times as they choose with the immediate percentages of each choice appearing on their desktop, laptop, or mobile device.
- “Cubs Talk PODCAST” presented by Wintrust – Featuring Kaplan, DeJesus, Mooney, Andracki, and an array of special guests, NBC Sports Chicago’s “Cubs Talk” podcast features in-depth Cubs/NLCS discussion on the hottest topics surrounding the series and much more. Fans can download all of NBC Sports Chicago’s podcasts at NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts and simply subscribe to them via Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher. The podcasts can be played on any mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Push Alerts: NBC Sports Chicago will deliver Cubs push notifications for breaking team and player news, “Insider” reports, plus game reminder alerts via NBC Sports Chicago’s SportsTalk app for iOS and Android devices.
In addition to its expanded coverage on Facebook Live (Facebook.com/NBCSChicago), NBC Sports Chicago will offer up even more special NLCS coverage on its social media platforms including a multitude of NLCS “Sights & Sounds” moments from Los Angeles will be provided from ‘NBCSChicago’ via Instagram and Instagram Live, along with live updates, replays, gifs & more on Twitter via @NBCSCubs.
NOTE: NBC Sports Chicago’s surrounding coverage details for NLCS Games 3 & 4 (and Game 5 if nec.) from Wrigley Field next week, will be announced on Monday, October 16.
NBC Sports Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, NBC Sports Chicago delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with numerous entertaining local sports discussion/social media-focused programs via In the Loop and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, NBCSportsChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, and standout coverage from the network’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @NBCSChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks is NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of nine regional networks that delivers more than 2,200 live sporting events and original content to more than 35 million homes. Aligned within Eastern and Western Divisions, the NBC Sports Regional Networks are: NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia +, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Washington + and SNY; and NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago and NBC Sports Northwest. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit www.NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.