FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017
NBC SPORTS CHICAGO TO CARRY EXPANDED, MULTI-PLATORM CHICAGO CUBS/ NATIONAL LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES PREGAME/POSTGAME COVERAGE THIS WEEKEND!
Game 1 coverage on Friday, October 6
“Cubs Pregame Live: NLDS Game 1” at 5:30 PM CT
“Cubs Postgame Live: NLDS Game 1” at approx. 9:30 PM CT
Game 2 coverage on Saturday, October 7
“Cubs Pregame Live: NLDS Game 2” at 4:00 PM CT
“Cubs Postgame Live: NLDS Game 2” at approx. 7:30 PM CT
“In the Loop: Road to a Repeat” Cubs specials to air weeknights at 10:30 PM CT
NBC Sports Chicago live stream available 24/7 on NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive or via the NBC Sports app
Chicago, IL (October 4, 2017) – NBC Sports Chicago, the multi-platform home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of defending World Series Champion Chicago Cubs, will be providing fans with LIVE expanded, surrounding coverage of the Cubs huge upcoming playoff series against the Washington Nationals this weekend!
Game 1 (Friday, October 6) and Game 2 (Saturday, October 7) of the NLDS will take place in Washington and NBC Sports Chicago will provide viewers with expanded editions of Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group and Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois featuring hosts David Kaplan (@thekapman) and David DeJesus (@David_DeJesus3), along up-to-the-minute on-site reports from Nationals Park via Cubs beat reporter Kelly Crull (@Kelly_Crull) and NBCSportsChicago.com Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney (@MooneyNBCS).
Please note the following details for NBC Sports Chicago’s surrounding Cubs-Nationals NLDS coverage this weekend…NOTE: NBC Sports Chicago live stream also available on www.NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive or via the NBC Sports app to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers:
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6
5:30 PM – Cubs Pregame Live: NLDS Game 1 presented by Fields Auto Group – Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s David Kaplan and David DeJesus, this special ONE-HOUR, pre-game edition of Cubs Pregame Live will break down and preview Game 1 of the NLDS featuring numerous interviews, a complete series overview featuring pitching match-ups and player analyses, a recap of regular season Cubs-Nationals head-to-head highlights, along with the latest on-field pre-game reports from Nationals Park via Kelly Crull and Patrick Mooney.
9:30 PM (time approx.) – Cubs Postgame Live: NLDS Game 1 presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois – An expanded post-game edition of Cubs Postgame Live, hosted by Kaplan and DeJesus, will feature Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conference, live locker room player interviews, a complete breakdown of the Game 1, plus, additional live on-field, post-game reports from Crull, a preview of Game 2, and much more. This edition of Cubs Postgame Live can also be viewed on Facebook Live (www.Facebook.com/NBCSChicago).
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7
4:00 PM – Cubs Pregame Live: NLDS Game 2 presented by Fields Auto Group – Hosted by David Kaplan and David DeJesus, this expanded edition of Cubs Pregame Live will break down and preview Game 2 of the NLDS, which will also feature a thorough recap of Game 1, pitching match-up previews, along with the latest on-field pre-game reports from Nationals Park via Kelly Crull and Patrick Mooney.
7:30 PM (time approx.) – Cubs Postgame Live: NLDS Game 2 presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois – An expanded edition of Cubs Postgame Live, hosted by Kaplan and DeJesus, will feature Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conference, live locker room player interviews, a complete breakdown of the Game 2, plus, additional live on-field, post-game reports from Crull, and a look ahead to Games 3 &4 as the NLDS shifts to Wrigley Field beginning Monday.
TONIGHT at 10:30 PM CT (and airing at 10:30 PM on weeknights throughout the Cubs playoff run), NBC Sports Chicago will provide viewers with expanded Cubs playoff coverage on In the Loop: Road to a Repeat presented by State Farm. This half-hour show, featuring a rotation of Cubs experts including Kaplan, DeJesus, Crull, Mooney, and additional special guests, will provide fans with up-to-the-minute Cubs-Nationals NLDS news and updates, player/manager interviews, workout day feature reports, comprehensive game previews/recaps, an overview of every other MLB Postseason LDS series, and much more.
In addition, NBCSportsChicago.com, will provide even more exclusive Cubs/NLDS content including the following highlights:
- Live stream of Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conferences (sponsored by Xfinity) following every NLDS game.
- NBCSportsChicago.com Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney will provide extensive team/player news, special feature stories, and much more throughout the NLDS. Follow him on Twitter @MooneyNBCS for 24/7 inside access. In addition, Cubs digital reporter and producer Tony Andracki (@TonyAndracki23) will also provide Cubs reports/features on the beat with Mooney for every NLDS game. Plus – David Kaplan (@thekapman), David DeJesus (David_DeJesus3), and Kelly Crull (@Kelly_Crull) will also provide additional updates and reports from their perspective throughout the NLDS.
- Complete coverage of the Cubs/NLDS can be found at NBCSportsChicago.com’s “CubsTalk” section presented by Wintrust (http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs) featuring the very latest game day reports, detailed series analysis, video features, and much more. For complete 24/7 Cubs coverage, fans are urged to followed @NBCSCubs on Twitter.
- IPowWow – On every edition of “Cubs Pregame Live,” Cubs fans can vote in real-time on a specific topical question that will offer up five choices…fans just need to log onto NBCSportsChicago.com/vote to cast their vote as many times as they choose with the immediate percentages of each choice appearing on their desktop, laptop, or mobile device.
- “Cubs Talk PODCAST” presented by Wintrust – Featuring Kaplan, DeJesus, Mooney, Andracki, and an array of special guests, NBC Sports Chicago’s “Cubs Talk” podcast features in-depth Cubs/NLDS discussion on the hottest topics surrounding the series and much more. Fans can download all of NBC Sports Chicago’s podcasts at NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts and simply subscribe to them via Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher. The podcasts can be played on any mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Push Alerts: NBC Sports Chicago will deliver Cubs push notifications for breaking team and player news, “Insider” reports, plus game reminder alerts via NBC Sports Chicago’s SportsTalk app for iOS and Android devices.
From a social media standpoint, fans can look forward to a special NLDS Game 1 preview on NBC Sports Chicago’s popular “5 at 5” segment on Facebook Live (Facebook.com/NBCSChicago) featuring Kaplan, DeJesus, and Andracki discussing the Top 5 hottest Game 1 and overall Cubs-Nationals NLDS topics. In addition, a multitude of NLDS “Sights & Sounds” moments from Washington will be provided from ‘NBCSChicago’ via Instagram and Instagram Live.
NOTE: NBC Sports Chicago’s surrounding coverage details for NLDS Games 3 & 4 from Wrigley Field, along with Games 5 (if nec.) in Washington, will be announced on Monday, Oct. 9.
NBC Sports Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, NBC Sports Chicago delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with numerous entertaining local sports discussion/social media-focused programs via In the Loop and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, NBCSportsChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, and standout coverage from the network’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @NBCSChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks is NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of nine regional networks that delivers more than 2,200 live sporting events and original content to more than 35 million homes. Aligned within Eastern and Western Divisions, the NBC Sports Regional Networks are: NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia +, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Washington + and SNY; and NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago and NBC Sports Northwest. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit www.NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.