FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, February 13th, 2017
BYTES: SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL RANKS NO. 1 AMONG BROADCASTER NFL FACEBOOK PAGES IN PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT FOR 2016-17 SEASON
NBC SPORTS DIGITAL “BYTES”
February 13, 2017 – Vol. 101
NBC Sports Digital “Bytes” is a collection of highlights, information and metrics for NBC Sports Digital properties. Previous editions can be found on NBCSportsGroupPressbox.com.
Sunday Night Football Ranks No. 1 Among Broadcaster NFL Facebook Pages in Public Engagement For 2016-17 Season
The Sunday Night Football on NBC Facebook page ranked No. 1 among all broadcaster NFL-themed pages in public engagement, including reactions, comments and shares, for the 2016-17 NFL season, including through Super Bowl LI.
The page racked up more than 16 million reactions, comments, and shares, up 13% as compared to the second-ranked NFL broadcaster (NFL on ESPN). In addition to leading total public engagement, SNF on NBC was No. 1 in total shares on Facebook among all broadcaster NFL-themed pages for the entire season, with more than 2.1 million shares of its content. SNF on NBC’s Facebook page grew its video views by 126% (90 million), impressions by 84% (1.9 billion), and fans by 10% (3.4 million) this season.
NBC’s NFL social media pages brought fans closer to primetime’s television’s #1 show more than ever before, by hosting Facebook Live posts with players from each team every week and the SNF on NBC announce team; creating team-specific hype videos; offering custom Snapchat filters for Thursday Night Football games; and conducting a special GIF relay for the launch of TNF.
Following are additional highlights from each SNF on NBC social media platform for the 2016-17 NFL season:
- SNF on NBC– Twitter:
- More than 6 million video views, up 824% from last season
- 202 million total impressions, up 44% from last season
- 12% growth in followers
- SNF on NBC– Instagram:
- 34% more total interactions than last season, including 2.4 million likes and 28,000 comments
- 19% growth in followers
- Thursday Night Football content on Facebook:
- NBC Sports Group’s NFL Facebook page led public interactions on Facebook for 11 of the 14 total Thursday Night Football
- The page led in cumulative public interactions for Thursdays by more than double otherTNF
- SNF on NBCmaintained the highest performance on all TNF game days, no matter the broadcast network
* Data made available by Facebook Insights
NBCSports.com Launches on Apple News this Week
NBCSports.com is launching content on Apple News this week, featuring NBC Sports video and channels for its SportsTalk blogs, a collection of sport-specific websites, including Pro Football Talk, that provide concise and frequently updated news reports.
iPhone or iPad users can search for the NBCSports.com channel on Apple News beginning this Wednesday, Feb. 15, and add the channel to their “favorites” in order to bookmark the page.
–NBC SPORTS DIGITAL–