FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, December 5th, 2016
CSN CHICAGO EARNS SIX CHICAGO/MIDWEST EMMY AWARDS
Chicago, IL (December 5, 2016) – CSN Chicago (CSN), the home for the most games and the comprehensive coverage of the Chicago Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs and White Sox, was the recipient of six Emmy Awards from the Chicago/Midwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. The 58th annual ceremony was held in Chicago on Saturday, Dec. 3.
“We are honored to receive these awards from our peers in the industry, but, more importantly, I’m even prouder of the non-stop dedication of our entire staff for their brilliant performance on a daily basis,” said Phil Bedella, VP/GM of CSN Chicago.
To date, CSN Chicago has earned a total of 39 Emmy Awards since it launched on October 1, 2004. Note the following Emmy Award winners for the 2015-16 television season:
1) Category #7-a: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – Program Feature/Segment
- An Everlasting Bond: Pat Gostele, Ryan McGuffey, Executive Producers.
2) Category #7-d: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – Sporting Event/Game – Live/Unedited Program/Special
- Chicago Bulls 70’s Night at the United Center on CSN Chicago: Jim Corno, Jr., Executive Producer; Mark Harper, John Walsh, Producers; Tamra Anderson, Todd Benjaminson, Todd Hackl, Kristina Quinn, Line Producers; Neil Funk, Stacey King, Will Perdue, Mark Schanowski, Hosts; Chuck Garfien, Reporter/Producer.
3) Category #19-b: Outstanding Achievement for Programming Promos (Non-News) Single Spot/Campaign
- See It. Hear It. Feel It./Chicago Blackhawks: Justin Schoenrock, Producer; Dan Gutschmidt, Jeremy Murayama, Brandon Riley, Line Producers.
4) Category #21-c: Outstanding Crafts Achievement for On-Camera Talent – Sports Anchor/Reporter/Play-by-Play
- Eddie Olczyk – Composite. CSN Chicago
5) Category #23: Outstanding Crafts Achievement Off Air – Audio
- Justin Schoenrock, Michael Horn, Dan Gutschmidt – See It. Hear It. Feel It./Chicago Blackhawks
6) Category #26-c: Outstanding Crafts Achievement Off Air: Editor – Promotions/PSAs/Commercials
- Justin Schoenrock – See It. Hear It. Feel It./Chicago Blackhawks
In addition, veteran CSN White Sox and Bulls producer/director Jim Angio was announced as a 2017 class inductee for the NATAS Chicago/Midwest Chapter’s prestigious “Silver Circle,” which recognizes individuals who have devoted 25 years or more to the television industry and have made significant contributions to Chicago broadcasting. The 2017 induction ceremony will take place in Chicago on April 28, 2017.
CSN Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, CSN delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with Emmy Award-winning regional sports news and analysis via SportsNet Central and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, CSNChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, and standout coverage from CSNChicago.com’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @CSNChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks is NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of nine regional networks that delivers more than 2,200 live sporting events annually and original content to more than 43 million homes. Aligned within network groups in the East and West, the NBC Sports Regional Networks are: CSN New England, CSN Philadelphia, TCN, CSN Mid-Atlantic, SNY; and CSN Bay Area, CSN California, CSN Chicago, and CSN Northwest. For additional information, visit CSN.com. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.