FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016
CSN TO PROVIDE EXTENSIVE COVERAGE SURROUNDING TONIGHT’S EPIC CHICAGO CUBS WORLD SERIES GAME 7!
Game 7 coverage TONIGHT
Cubs at Indians Game 7 surrounding coverage gets underway with “SportsTalk Live” at 5:00 PM CT live from Progressive Field!
“Cubs Postseason Live: Pregame World Series Game 7” at 6:00 PM CT
“Cubs Postseason Live: Postgame World Series Game 7” at approx. 10:00 PM CT
“Cubs Postseason Live” pre/postgame coverage (featuring David Kaplan, Todd Hollandsworth, Kelly Crull, Luke Stuckmeyer, Patrick Mooney and Cubs Hall of Fame legend Ryne Sandberg) to take place on-site at Progressive Field before & after tonight’s Game 7 match-up!
Even more extensive World Series coverage via CSNChicago.com, along with enhanced social media interactivity for tonight’s epic Game 7 battle!
Chicago, IL (November 2, 2016) – It all comes down to tonight. CSN Chicago (CSN), the television home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of 2016 National League Champion Chicago Cubs, will provide wall-to-wall 2016 WORLD SERIES GAME 7 coverage TONIGHT with an expanded one-hour pre-game edition of Cubs Postseason Live presented by Fields Auto Group and extensive post-game coverage on Cubs Postseason Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois. In addition, CSN will deliver its acclaimed 24/7 World Series digital coverage on CSNChicago.com, along with enhanced social media interaction for tonight’s epic Game 7 match-up.
CSN’s World Series Game 7 coverage gets underway TONIGHT at 5:00 PM CT with a special live remote edition of SportsTalk Live presented by The Chevy Silverado, featuring host David Kaplan and a panel of local/national baseball experts, live from Progressive Field in Cleveland, OH. At 6:00 PM, CSN’s expanded, ONE-HOUR Cubs Postseason Live presented by Fields Auto Group pregame coverage begins as hosts David Kaplan (@thekapman) and Todd Hollandsworth (@hollytime28) will be joined by Chicago Cubs Hall of Fame legend Ryne Sandberg with the latest World Series Game 7 pre-game updates/analysis, plus detailed pre-game reports from CSN’s Cubs beat reporter Kelly Crull (@Kelly_Crull), along with additional on-field reports from Luke Stuckmeyer (@LukeStuckmeyer) and CSNChicago.com Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney (@CSNMooney).
Immediately following Game 7 tonight, fans can look forward to an expanded edition of Cubs Postseason Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois hosted by Kaplan/Hollandsworth/Sandberg, along with in-depth post-game reports from Crull, Stuckmeyer & Mooney. Tonight’s edition of Cubs Postseason Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois will also feature the live post-game press conference featuring Cubs manager Joe Maddon, Indians manager Terry Francona, plus – live locker room interviews with Cubs and Indians players, a thorough breakdown of every key play in the game, and much more.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Should the Cubs win the World Series following tonight’s game, CSN will provide MASSIVE celebratory post-game coverage on Cubs Postseason Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois, on-site and throughout the entire city of Chicago for hours on end. In addition, CSN will also re-air its celebratory World Series title coverage tomorrow morning beginning at 5:00 AM and throughout the morning hours on both the main CSN channel location and on CSN+.
In addition to the comprehensive Cubs World Series Game 7 surrounding coverage on CSN, viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com for even more comprehensive 24/7 coverage and expanded social media interactivity via CSN’s social media platforms. Note the following:
- Live stream of Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game World Series press conference following Game 7 (presented by Xfinity).
- CSNChicago.com Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney will provide extensive team/player news, special feature stories, and much more. Follow him on Twitter @CSNMooney for 24/7 inside access. In addition, Cubs digital reporter and producer Tony Andracki (@TonyAndracki23) will also provide Cubs reports/features on the beat with Mooney for tonight’s Game 7. Plus, CSNChicago.com digital baseball reporters Dan Hayes (@CSNHayes) and JJ Stankevitz (@JJStankevitz) will also provide content from an opponent’s perspective and CSN digital field producer/social media correspondent Scott Changnon (@ScottyChag) will also deliver exclusive, behind-the-scenes content. Follow @CSNCubs on Twitter for full Cubs/World Series coverage.
- “Cubs Pulse,” a one-stop social media and behind-the-scenes destination that reveals the latest real time trending topics, player buzz and expert insight from Twitter and Instagram. Plus, “Cubs Pulse” aggregates all Cubs/World Series player tweets, along with fan tweets that utilize the hashtag #CubsTalk.
- “Cubs In-Game Live,” – featuring STATS Inc.’s enhanced Game Zone real-time tracking system – is a second screen platform for PCs, tablets and mobile devices that combine state-of-the-art infographics, data visualization of real-time statistics and game info with rich social interactivity tied to CSN Chicago’s surrounding game coverage.
- Push Alerts: CSN Chicago will deliver Cubs push notifications for breaking team and player news, “Insider” reports, plus game reminder alerts via CSN Chicago’s SportsTalk app for iOS and Android devices.
- CubsTalk, CSNChicago.com’s high-velocity, real-time, comprehensive Cubs playoffs news and opinion section featuring original commentary, reporting and aggregation. CubsTalk contains interactive content and continually updated insights from the network’s digital and on-air talent, which includes #CubsTalk podcasts.
- Cubs coverage on CSNChicago.com/Cubs is presented by Wintrust.
- Social Media: CSN to provide numerous Facebook Live and Periscope streaming featuring even more extended coverage, fan Q &A interviews and behind-the-scenes content from Progressive Field. Plus – fans are urged to follow @CSNChicago on Instagram & Snapchat for enhanced, exclusive content featuring real-time sights and sounds surrounding the “Fall Classic”
Note the following Game 7 breakdown of CSN’s coverage of the 2016 World Series:
CUBS vs. INDIANS/2016 WORLD SERIES COVERAGE ON CSN
Game 7: Wednesday, November 2 (Cubs at Indians)
5:00 PM – SportsTalk Live presented by The Chevy Silverado (LIVE from Progressive Field) – Pre-game discussion & analysis with special guests and host David Kaplan featuring live reports and special guests from Progressive Field in Cleveland.
6:00 PM – Cubs Postseason Live presented by Fields Auto Group (LIVE from Progressive Field) – Hosted by CSN’s David Kaplan and Todd Hollandsworth, along with Cubs Hall of Fame legend Ryne Sandberg, this special ONE-HOUR, pre-game edition of Cubs Postseason Live will break down and preview Game 7 of the World Series featuring numerous interviews, pitching match-up and player analyses, a recap of Games 1-6, along with the latest on-field pre-game reports from Kelly Crull, Luke Stuckmeyer, and Patrick Mooney.
10:00 PM (time approx.) – Cubs Postseason Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois (LIVE from Progressive Field) – An expanded post-game edition of Cubs Postseason Live, hosted by Kaplan and Hollandsworth, along with Sandberg, will feature Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conference, live locker room player interviews, a complete World Series game-by-game breakdown, plus, additional live on-field, post-game reports from Crull and Stuckmeyer, and much more. Once again, should the Cubs win it all, CSN will be on the air for hours on end with full celebratory coverage from Cleveland and throughout the city of Chicago.
CSN Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, CSN delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with Emmy Award-winning regional sports news and analysis via SportsNet Central and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, CSNChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, and standout coverage from CSNChicago.com’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @CSNChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks is NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of nine regional networks that delivers more than 2,200 live sporting events annually and original content to more than 43 million homes. Aligned within network groups in the East and West, the NBC Sports Regional Networks are: CSN New England, CSN Philadelphia, TCN, CSN Mid-Atlantic, SNY; and CSN Bay Area, CSN California, CSN Chicago, and CSN Northwest. For additional information, visit CSN.com. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.