FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, October 18th, 2016
CSN NOMINATED FOR ELEVEN CHICAGO/MIDWEST EMMY AWARDS
Chicago, IL (October 18, 2016) – CSN Chicago (CSN), the home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of the Chicago Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs and White Sox, garnered 11 Emmy Award nominations from the Chicago/Midwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for the 2015-16 television season. The nominations were announced last evening (October 17) with the awards ceremony to be held in Chicago on Saturday, December 3. Since its launch on October 1, 2004, Comcast SportsNet Chicago has garnered 122 Chicago/Midwest Emmy nominations.
“We are honored to receive these nominations from our peers in the industry and we feel they are a reflection of the great work performed by our entire staff,” said Phil Bedella, Vice President/General Manager of CSN Chicago.
Note the following CSN Chicago Emmy nominations for the 2015-16 television season:
1) Category #7-a: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – Program Feature/Segment
- An Everlasting Bond: Pat Gostele, Ryan McGuffey, Executive Producers.
2) Category #7-c: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – One Time Special
- Play Like a Champion: Miles Boykin’s Journey to Notre Dame: T.K. Gore, Senior Producer; Scott Changnon, Executive Producer; Joe Collins, Jake Flannigan, Mark Strotman, Producers; Chuck Garfien, Host; Jeremy Murayama, Line Producer.
3 & 4) Category #7-d: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – Sporting Event/Game – Live/Unedited Program/Special
- Blackhawks Hockey on Comcast SportsNet Chicago: Jim Corno, Jr., Executive Producer; Mike Leary, Producer; Dave Ross, Associate Producer; Dave Turner, Mark Harper, Todd Hackl, Kristina Quinn, Line Producers; Pat Foley, Eddie Olczyk, Steve Konroyd, Pat Boyle, Hosts; Luke Stuckmeyer, Reporter/Producer.
- Chicago Bulls 70’s Night at the United Center on Comcast SportsNet Chicago: Jim Corno, Jr., Executive Producer; Mark Harper, John Walsh, Producers; Tamra Anderson, Todd Benjaminson, Todd Hackl, Kristina Quinn, Line Producers; Neil Funk, Stacey King, Will Perdue, Mark Schanowski, Hosts; Chuck Garfien, Reporter/Producer.
5, 6, & 7) Category #19-b: Outstanding Achievement for Programming Promos (Non-News) Single Spot/Campaign
- See It. Hear It. Feel It./Chicago Blackhawks: Justin Schoenrock, Producer; Dan Gutschmidt, Jeremy Murayama, Brandon Riley, Line Producers.
- What An April: Justin Schoenrock, Producer; Jeremy Murayama, Co-Producer; Michael Horn, Avi Zarum, Line Producers.
- CSN – What A Game: Justin Schoenrock, James Wallin, Producers; Michael Horn, Line Producer.
8 & 9) Category #21-c: Outstanding Crafts Achievement for On-Camera Talent – Sports Anchor/Reporter/Play-by-Play
- Pat Foley – Composite. Comcast SportsNet Chicago
- Eddie Olczyk – Composite. Comcast SportsNet Chicago
10) Category #23: Outstanding Crafts Achievement Off Air – Audio
- Justin Schoenrock, Michael Horn, Dan Gutschmidt – See It. Hear It. Feel It./Chicago Blackhawks
11) Category #26-c: Outstanding Crafts Achievement Off Air: Editor – Promotions/PSAs/Commercials
- Justin Schoenrock – See It. Hear It. Feel It./Chicago Blackhawks
CSN Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, CSN delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with Emmy Award-winning regional sports news and analysis via SportsNet Central and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, CSNChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, blogs and standout coverage from CSNChicago.com’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @CSNChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of NBC Sports Group, consists of 10 regional networks that deliver more than 2,200 live sporting events annually, along with award-winning news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and original programming to more than 43 million homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: CSN Bay Area, CSN California, CSN Chicago, CSN Mid-Atlantic, CSN New England, CSN Northwest, TCN, CSN Philadelphia and SNY. For additional information, visit CSN.com. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.