FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, April 21st, 2016
COMCAST SPORTSNET & CSNCHICAGO.COM TO PROVIDE EXTENSIVE, WEEK-LONG COVERAGE OF THE 2016 NFL DRAFT
Dave Wannstedt, Alex Brown, Patrick Mannelly, Hub Arkush, John ‘Moon’ Mullin, and Chris Boden
to deliver extensive “SportsNet Central” and CSNChicago.com coverage of the 2016 NFL Draft beginning Sunday night, April 24 at 10:30 PM CT!
Chicago, IL (April 21, 2016) – Comcast SportsNet, the television and digital home for the most in-depth Chicago Bears coverage all year long, is ready to deliver extensive coverage of next week’s 2016 NFL Draft (to be held in Chicago for the second-straight year) highlighted by three SportsNet Central NFL Draft-focused specials, nightly reports on all editions of SportsNet Central, extensive Round 1 coverage next Thursday, plus — 24/7 NFL Draft coverage on CSNChicago.com.
“We want to be the place Bears fans turn to all week for the most in-depth local draft coverage in town,” said Kevin Cross, Senior Director of News & Original Content for Comcast SportsNet Chicago. “Our roster can’t wait to break down the Bears new roster.”
Please note Comcast SportsNet and CSNChicago.com’s 2016 NFL Draft coverage schedule beginning this Sunday, April 24:
SUNDAY, APRIL 24
10:30 PM – GMC SportsNet Central: Draft Central – This half-hour NFL Draft preview show, hosted by Chris Boden (@CSNBoden), along with former Bears standouts Alex Brown (@alexbrown96) & Patrick Mannelly (@PatrickMannelly), and Bears/NFL expert Hub Arkush (@Hub_Arkush), will provide a detailed recap of the Bears off-season (including all off-season acquisitions), interviews with Bears players/coaches/front office execs, along with the panel’s expert thoughts on which areas the team needs to improve upon and specifically which available players can fill those spots with on-field success.
MONDAY, APRIL 25 – WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27
SportsNet Central (6:30 PM, 10:00 PM, 10:30 PM, 12 midnight) – Chris Boden, Alex Brown, Patrick Mannelly, along with former Bears QB/Bears Postgame Live analyst Jim Miller (@JimMillerRFN), CSNChicago.com Bears “Insider” John ‘Moon’ Mullin (@CSNMoonMullin), and former Bears head coach/SportsNet Central NFL expert Dave Wannstedt will continue to provide nightly reports on the latest NFL Draft news and rumors leading up to Round 1 of the NFL Draft on Thursday.
THURSDAY, APRIL 28 – NFL DRAFT DAY COVERAGE presented by MILLER LITE
5:00 PM (time approx. following “Cubs Postgame Live”) – SportsTalk Live presented by The Chevy Silverado – Host David Kaplan (@thekapman) and a panel of Bears/NFL experts will preview all Bears potential first round (#11 overall) candidates, along with live updates from the Draft (being held at the Auditorium Theatre) and additional reports from Halas Hall.
10:30 PM –SportsNet Central presented by Miller Lite – Complete Round 1 NFL Draft recap, hosted by Chris Boden, featuring up-to-the-minute player and team news, interviews, and extensive Round 1 draft analysis from Jim Miller, Alex Brown, Hub Arkush, and John ‘Moon’ Mullin, along with a look ahead at the potential Bears picks on Friday (Rounds 2-3) and Saturday (Rounds 4-7).
FRIDAY, APRIL 29 & SATURDAY, APRIL 30
SportsNet Central (6:30 PM, 10:00 PM, 10:30 PM, 12 midnight) – Complete coverage of Rounds 2-7 over the weekend featuring detailed analysis of every Bears draft pick, along player highlights, interviews, and more.
SUNDAY, MAY 1
10:30 PM – GMC SportsNet Central: Draft Central – Chris Boden, along with NFL experts Dave Wannstedt, Jim Miller, and Hub Arkush, will recap and assess the entire draft from both a Bears and overall league perspective. The show will also feature interviews with Bears management with their reflections on this year’s draft class.
In addition to the extensive coverage on Comcast SportsNet, viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com for even more comprehensive 24/7 NFL Draft coverage, including the following highlights:
- For a deeper look at potential NFL draftees, fans need to check out CSNChicago.com’s comprehensive “Road to the Draft” section (http://www.csnchicago.com/video/event/road-draft), featuring over 150 extensive player draft profiles, including video analysis for players projected to go in the first two rounds provided by NBC Sports and Rotoworld NFL Draft analyst Josh Norris.
- In addition, CSNChicago.com’s “Road to the Draft” section will be the home for everything NFL Draft-related throughout the week, including instant reaction and analysis during the draft with updated profiles, an up-close look on how the draft affects the Bears rivals in the NFC North, along with a detailed draft overview of the entire NFL.
- Bears “Insider” John ‘Moon’ Mullin (@CSNMoonMullin) will file daily reports leading up to and throughout the 2016 NFL Draft from Halas Hall, featuring the latest news and on-camera reports. Plus, CSNChicago.com will highlight several features during Draft week, including the Top 5 draft picks at each position. Sights and sounds will also be captured from Draft Town in Grant Park. Bears digital reporter Scott Krinch (@scottiekrinch) will also be covering the Draft from the Auditorium Theater and will provide a number of “digital exclusives,” including coverage of the “NFL Draft Gold Carpet” event on Thursday night.
- Fans can chat NFL Draft and potential Bears moves by utilizing the Twitter hashtag #BearsTalk and by visiting the “Bears Pulse” page at CSNChicago.com. For 24/7 Bears/NFL Draft updates on Twitter, fans are urged to follow @CSNBears.
- CSNChicago.com will profile numerous mock drafts from a number of CSN anchors and reporters.
- CSNChicago.com will work closely with NBC Sports and “Pro Football Talk” throughout the week for additional nationally-based NFL Draft content.
Comcast SportsNet Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, CSN delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with Emmy Award-winning regional sports news and analysis via SportsNet Central and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, CSNChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, blogs and standout coverage from CSNChicago.com’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @CSNChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consist of 11 regional networks that deliver more than 2,400 live sporting events annually, along with award-winning breaking news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and original programming to more than 43 million homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, which serves Baltimore and Washington D.C., Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, The Comcast Network, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia and SportsNet New York. For more information, visit ComcastSportsNet.com. For more information about NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios and headshots, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.