FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, April 14th, 2016
WARRIORS RECORD-BREAKING WIN ON CSN BAY AREA IS HIGHEST-RATED REGULAR SEASON NBA RSN GAME ON RECORD
Warriors-Grizzlies Scores 23.22 HH Rating, Peaks at 28.57, to Register as Highest-Rated Telecast Ever on CSN Bay Area
Highest-Rated Regular Season RSN-Delivered NBA Game on Record, Topping all of Michael Jordan’s 1995-1996 Bulls Games on SportsChannel Chicago
Warriors-Grizzlies Attracts Peak Audience of 709K Television Households on CSN Bay Area
Record 3.19 Million Minutes Streamed for Warriors-Grizzlies on CSNBayArea.com and via NBC Sports Live Extra
Warriors HH Ratings +159% Compared to 2014-15; Highest Rated Season Ever
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (April 14, 2016) – Both the Golden State Warriors and CSN Bay Area (@CSNAuthentic) set all-time regular season records last evening. As Stephen Curry led the Warriors to their historic 73rd regular-season win, CSN Bay Area’s telecast generated an astounding 23.22 HH rating, which is higher than any Regional Sports Network (RSN) delivered NBA game on record. Research includes the famed 1995-1996 Bulls regular season on SportsChannel Chicago, when Michael Jordan propelled the Bulls to 72 wins, but never posted an RSN Nielsen rating higher than 22.9 (4-16-1996).
Last night’s HH rating of 23.22 on CSN Bay Area, not only sets another all-time high for the network, but also now stands as the highest-rated Regional Sports Network delivered regular season game of any kind (MLB, NHL or NBA), except for a lone Mariners vs. Angels game (25.3) on FSN Northwest in Seattle-Tacoma (9-23-1997), according to NBC Sports Group’s records.
In addition, last night’s CSN Bay Area telecast averaged approximately 577,025 households (SF DMA – San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose) for the entire game and posted a 28.57 peak rating during the 9:45 p.m. quarter hour (approximately 709,983 households). The previous all-time high for the network was last Sunday’s Warriors-San Antonio Spurs game (18.47).
CSN Bay Area Digital set a network record with 3.19 million minutes streamed for the Warriors-Grizzlies game on CSNBayArea.com and via NBC Sports Live Extra, surpassing last Sunday’s Warriors-Spurs game (3.1 million minutes streamed).
The Warriors-Grizzlies game telecast was the highest-rated program of the day in households and key demos: Adults 18-49 (12.50), Adults 25-54 (15.41), Men 18-49 (13.20), Men 25-54 (16.79), Women 18-49 (11.79) and Women 25-54 (14.01). In addition to the game ratings, CSN Bay Area posted significant household ratings for its signature game day studio shows Warriors Pregame Live (4.11, approximately 102,160 households & highest-rated to date) and Warriors Postgame Live (10.64, approximately 264,346 households & second-highest rated to date.
Additional viewership highlights from the Warriors-Grizzlies game:
- Excluding NFL Playoff games, CSN Bay Area’s Warriors-Grizzlies game is the second highest-rated telecast in the SF DMA year-to-date (Oscars on ABC: 29.56 HHs, 2-28-2016 ). Warriors-Grizzlies on CSN Bay Area is the highest-rated cable network telecast in the market year-to-date.
- CSN Bay Area’s Warriors-Grizzlies game is the highest-rated cable network program in the SF DMA since 2010, topping Western Conference Finals Game 5: Warriors-Houston Rockets on ESPN (21.94 HHs, 5-27-2015).
Highlights from the historic 2015-16 Warriors season on CSN Bay Area include:
- Warriors average household ratings on CSN Bay Area are 9.76 (approximately 242,601 households), up +159% from the 2014-15 championship season and the highest-rated season ever for the team.
- 51 of the 60 highest-rated games ever on CSN Bay Area are Warriors games from this season.
- Through 70 games, fans have consumed +96.1 million minutes of Warriors games on CSNBayArea.com and via NBC Sports Live Extra. Warriors streaming numbers are +443% compared to the 2014-15 season.
- Ratings in key ad demos registered increased numbers, including Adults 18-49 (+138%), Adults 25-54 (+154%), Men 18-49 (+105%), Men 25-54 (+122%), Women 18-49 (+198%) and Women 25-54 (+222%).
- CSN Bay Area has out-delivered all 13 ESPN, ESPN 2 and TNT simulcasts head-to-head in the local market by an average of 200% in total audience.
Source for all ratings information provided by Nielsen Media Research and Adobe Analytics.
CSN Bay Area and CSN California, both part of NBC Sports Regional Networks, serve more than four million households in Northern California, Nevada, Southern Oregon and Hawaii. CSN Bay Area, the television home of MLB’s San Francisco Giants, NBA’s Golden State Warriors, and the official regional sports network of the San Francisco 49ers, also features a robust lineup of Emmy Award-winning news, analysis and original programming. CSN California offers live coverage of MLB’s Oakland Athletics, NBA’s Sacramento Kings, NHL’s San Jose Sharks, MLS’s San Jose Earthquakes and is the official regional sports network of the Oakland Raiders. Collectively, these networks deliver more than 600 live sporting events per year, over 1,500 live studio shows, including SportsNet Central, SportsTalk Live, Pregame Live, Postgame Live, Press Conference Live, as well as compelling digital content, up-to-the-minute scores, highlights and breaking news via www.CSNBayArea.com and www.CSNCalifornia.com. Follow both networks on Twitter via @CSNAuthentic.
— NBC SPORTS GROUP —