FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, March 9th, 2016
COMCAST SPORTSNET TO CARRY “COMMERCIAL-FREE” TELECASTS FOR UPCOMING CUBS & WHITE SOX SPRING TRAINING GAMES (MARCH 16 & 18)
“15 Games in 16 Days” Cactus League spring training game coverage gets underway with a pair of COMMERCIAL-FREE telecasts – presented by Knauz Autopark – on Wednesday, March 16 (Cubs at Kansas City) and Friday, March 18 (White Sox vs. Cubs), showcasing brand new, behind-the-scenes on and the off-the-field feature stories and in-depth profiles with players and coaches from both sides of town!
Network to also present two, new Cubs/White Sox “Road to Opening Day” specials airing later this month!
Chicago, IL (March 9, 2016) – FOR THE THIRD-STRAIGHT YEAR, Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of the 2016 Chicago White Sox and 2016 Chicago Cubs, has announced it will present a pair of COMMERCIAL-FREE spring training game telecasts to start up its “15 Game in 16 Days” Cactus League schedule beginning next week.
The two commercial-free games to lead off Comcast SportsNet’s spring training game telecast schedule will feature the Cubs against the defending World Series champion Kansas City Royals (Wednesday, March 16 live from Surprise Stadium in Surprise, AZ – 3:00 PM CT, featuring the always-entertaining duo of Len Kasper and Jim Deshaies with the game call), which will be followed two days later with a White Sox “Crosstown” telecast as they’ll host the northside rival Cubs (Friday, March 18 live from Camelback Ranch in Glendale, AZ – 3:00 PM CT, featuring new White Sox play-by-play announcer Jason Benetti and veteran analyst Steve Stone).
The March 16 & 18 commercial-free Cubs and White Sox spring training telecasts on Comcast SportsNet will take this opportunity to showcase brand new interviews and a number of unique & entertaining behind-the-scenes features showcasing Cubs and White Sox players/managers/coaches that fans will simply not want to miss. Both commercial-free telecasts and every Cactus League spring training game on Comcast SportsNet are presented by Knauz Autopark, located at Route 41 in Lake Bluff, IL.
“With an exciting young Cubs roster and a determined White Sox team featuring a number of new faces, we wanted to once again start off our coverage of the 2016 MLB season in a big way by taking the time we would normally air commercials and give our viewers the opportunity to get to know these players from both an on and off-the-field standpoint,” said Phil Bedella, Vice President/General Manager for Comcast SportsNet Chicago.
Among the key in-game features that fans can look forward to seeing during the commercial-free telecasts on March 16 & 18 include:
- National League Manager of the Year Joe Maddon goes on a bike ride to discuss baseball, his meditation process, his daily routine, along with thoughts on his expectations for this year’s team.
- Shortstop Addison Russell talks about his approach to the position, along with his personal life changes during the off-season, which includes marriage and the birth of his first child.
- National League Cy Young award winner Jake Arrieta discusses the honor being of named the starting pitcher for Opening Day.
- 2015 rookie sensation Kyle Schwarber talks about his multiple roles and his differing mindset when it comes to playing the outfield or catching.
- One-on-on interview with Cubs Executive VP/GM Jed Hoyer who discusses the team’s high expectations for 2016, the “embracing the target” concept, and the importance of team chemistry.
- One-on-one interview with White Sox Senior VP/GM Rick Hahn
- Outfielder Adam Eaton takes CSN Chicago on an unforgettable ride in his custom Corvette.
- Starting pitcher Carlos Rodon provides insight into his pitching repertoire and how his confidence has increased heading into his second big league season.
- CSN Chicago mic’s up White Sox first base coach Daryl Boston for an insider’s viewpoint of the team’s first intrasquad game.
- Catcher Dioner Navarro puts on the GoPro during live batting practice and also tells an amazing story about his wife and why he wears #27 on his uniform.
Finally, Comcast SportsNet will provide fans with an opportunity to see all the special features shot at spring training this year via a pair of Road to Opening Day specials airing on Sunday, March 27 at 7:00 PM (featuring the Cubs) and 7:30 PM (featuring the White Sox). Comcast SportsNet will also be announcing its complete on-air/digital 2016 White Sox and Cubs regular season coverage details the week of March 21.
Please note Comcast SportsNet’s complete 2016 Cubs and White Sox spring training telecast schedule:
Composite White Sox/Cubs Spring Training Schedule:
- Wed, Mar 16 3:00 pm CUBS at Kansas City Surprise, AZ (replay at 12:30am (COMMERCIAL-FREE LIVE TELECAST)
- Fri, Mar 18 3:00 pm WHITE SOX vs. CUBS Glendale, AZ (replay at 10pm on CSN+) (COMMERCIAL-FREE LIVE TELECAST)
- Sat, Mar 19 3:00 pm WHITE SOX vs. LA Dodgers Glendale, AZ (replay at 7pm on CSN+)
- Sun, Mar 20 3:00 pm WHITE SOX at Oakland Mesa, AZ (replay at 12:30am)
- Mon, Mar 21 3:00 pm WHITE SOX at Cleveland Goodyear, AZ (replay at 7pm on CSN+)
- Tue, Mar 22 3:00 pm WHITE SOX vs. San Francisco Glendale, AZ (replay at 7pm on CSN+)
- Wed, Mar 23 3:00 pm CUBS at Texas Surprise, AZ (replay at 12:30am)
- Thu, Mar 24 3:00 pm WHITE SOX vs. LA Angels Glendale, AZ (replay at 12am on CSN+)
- Fri, Mar 25 3:00 pm CUBS vs. Milwaukee Mesa, AZ (replay at 12:30am on CSN+)
- Sat, Mar 26 2:00 pm WHITE SOX vs. Cincinnati Glendale, AZ (replay at 7pm on CSN+)
- Sun, Mar 27 3:00 pm CUBS vs. Seattle Mesa, AZ (replay at 12:30am)
- Mon, Mar 28 3:00 pm WHITE SOX at Colorado Scottsdale, AZ (replay at 7pm on CSN+)
- Tue, Mar 29 3:00 pm CUBS vs. Oakland Mesa, AZ
- Wed, Mar 30 3:00 pm WHITE SOX at Cincinnati Goodyear, AZ (replay at 12:30am)
- Thu, Mar 31 7:00 pm CUBS vs. NY Mets Las Vegas, NV (replay at 12:30am)
All Times Central Time
All Game Produced in High-Definition (HD)
Schedule Subject to Change
Visit CSNChicago.com for more extensive 2016 White Sox & Cubs coverage all season long.