FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
NBC SPORTS DIGITAL “BYTES”
July 31, 2014 – Vol. 32
GolfAdvisor.com Doubles its Course Reviews to 34,000
GolfAdvisor.com, the most complete online source for golf course ratings, reviews and recommendations by golfers, for golfers, recently more than doubled the number of courses featured on the site since it officially launched in January. Currently, the Golf Channel-affiliated site features more than 34,000 golf courses worldwide, representing nearly 90% of all courses in existence, and has nearly 270,000 reviews posted to the site.
GolfAdvisor.com is the ultimate “clubhouse” for golfers of all levels where they can find honest recommendations from their peers and also be offered the opportunity to provide their own feedback about any course they play – anywhere, anytime and on any device.
Tour De France Live Streaming Stats Up in 2014
NBC Sports Digital’s coverage of the 21 stages of the 2014 Tour de France delivered 89,000 uniques, 15.5 million minutes and 338,000 visits, up 93%, 30% and 123%, respectively, versus 2013.
NBC Sports Group & Yahoo Sports Announce Expanded Television and Digital Fantasy Football Coverage for 2014 Season
As was recently announced, NBC Sports Group and Yahoo Sports have expanded fantasy football coverage across Yahoo Sports, NBCSN, NBCSports.com, and Rotoworld.com for the upcoming 2014 NFL season.
Building off the continued success of the Fantasy Football Live franchise – Yahoo Sports’ original Sunday morning alternative pre-game for the fantasy player – the expanded coverage on NBCSN will televise an additional third weekday episode of Fantasy Football Live on Wednesday nights. NBCSN and Yahoo Sports will also present an hour-long Fantasy Football Draft Special on August 16 to help players prep for the season.
Digitally, in addition to VOD from all of the Fantasy Football Live shows, Yahoo Sports will launch the “Fantasy Football Fearless Forecast,” a new interactive playlist tool to connect fantasy users directly with expert advice. The Fearless Forecast will generate dozens of individual player clips each week with personalized delivered to fantasy players based on their rosters.
NBCOlympics.com Previews the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio
NBCOlympics.com recently said goodbye to Sochi and hello to Rio when it re-launched to focus on the 2016 Summer Games. The site now offers a preview of what’s to come in Rio, a countdown clock, the latest headlines from the world of Olympic sports via NBCOlympicTalk.com, numerous short-form videos of the most memorable moments from the 2012 London Games, and more. The first Olympics in South America will take place August 5-21, 2016, when Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, hosts the Games of the XXXI Olympiad.
NBC Sports Soccer Kicks Up Social Media Growth During World Cup
NBC Sports Soccer capitalized tremendously on social media during the month of the World Cup (6/12-7/13).
- NBC Sports Soccer experienced an 80% jump in “fans” on Facebook, with 265,000
- 1.2 million unique fans were reached on average per post.
- 1.4 million clicks to NBCSports.com and Soccerly
- 2.5 million likes, comments and shares
- The most Likes (400k) and comments (20k) were on a ProSoccerTalk article about the injury suffered by Brazil’s Neymar
- The most clicks on an article were around Cristiano Ronaldo’s tendinitis (Pro Soccer Talk article)
- 200,000 Twitter followers added, resulting in 257% growth
- 96,000 re-tweets, faves and replies from @NBCSportsSoccer
- 300,000 clicks to NBCSports.com and Soccerly
- Most clicked article with 4,000 clicks was a U.S. injury update
- Most re-tweets (3,600) and faves (1,700) were the same tweet here.
— NBC SPORTS DIGITAL —