FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014
NBC SPORTS ADDS NFL DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF GAME TO POSTSEASON SCHEDULE
NBC to Broadcast Super Bowl XLIX from Arizona, Divisional Playoff & Wild Card Game in 2014 Postseason
STAMFORD, Conn. – April 22, 2014 – For the first time since acquiring the Sunday Night Football package in 2006, NBC will televise an NFL Divisional Playoff game this upcoming season and each season thereafter through 2022, per NBC Sports Group’s nine-year extension with the NFL which begins this season.
NBC will broadcast three 2014 postseason games – Super Bowl XLIX from Arizona on Sunday, February 1, 2015, a Divisional Playoff game on the weekend of January 10-11, and a Wild Card Playoff game on the January 3-4 weekend.
NBC’s Sunday Night Football averaged 21.7 million viewers in 2013 putting it on pace to rank as the No. 1 show for the entire primetime television season (September-May, based on Nielsen live plus same day data) for the third consecutive year.
–NBC Sports Group–
Top Press Releases
- NBCUNIVERSAL CELEBRATES NFL KICKOFF 2014
- U.S. MEN’S NATIONAL TEAM VS CZECH REPUBLIC & TWO MLS GAMES HIGHLIGHT NBCSN’S SOCCER COVERAGE THIS WEEK
- COMCAST SPORTSNET, CAPITALS ANNOUNCE 75-GAME SCHEDULE FOR 2014-15 NHL SEASON
- NBC Sports Group’s ‘Road to the Ryder Cup’ Begins Sunday, Telling Story of the Most-Compelling Golf Event in the World
- NBC SPORTS GROUP’S PRESS PASS – WHAT TO WATCH AUGUST 29 – SEPTEMBER 1, 2014
If you can help it, don't marry an actress. http://t.co/13skCYFFkq
Sleeper Pick: Rory McIlroy rattles his napping caddie JP Fitzgerald. Video: http://t.co/pzA3nBAWtW
Irsay's ban of 6 games bars him from visiting the team facility, attending practices or games or representing the Colts at league events.
©2014 NBC Universal, All rights reserved. Any use, reproduction, modification, distribution, display or performance of this material without NBC Universal's prior written consent is prohibited.
Powered by WordPress.com VIP