FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, October 17th, 2013
THE SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL BUS CELEBRATES PEYTON’S RETURN TO INDIANAPOLIS THIS WEEK
Special Social Media Scavenger Hunt This Weekend in Indianapolis Features 18 “#Manning Moments”
Stamford, Conn. – October 17, 2013 – This weekend, NBC Sports Group’s Sunday Night Football bus celebrates Peyton Manning’s return to Indianapolis as Manning leads the 6-0 Denver Broncos against the Colts on Sunday Night Football. The Broncos jersey of Manning and the uniform of Colts QB Andrew Luck will be featured in their respective teams’ “lockers” on the SNF bus.
This week’s Indianapolis destinations include:
|Friday, AM, Oct. 18||All Pro Dad event at Carey Ridge Elementary School in Westfield, Ind.|
|Friday PM, Oct. 18||Hamilton Southeastern High School Football game v. McCutcheon|
|Saturday AM, Oct. 19||Heads Up Football Youth League games in Washington Township|
|Saturday PM, Oct. 19||Indianapolis Motor Speedway with Fans of the Week* (*not open to public)|
|Saturday PM, Oct. 19||Corner of Georgia Street and Meridian Street in downtown Indianapolis|
|Sunday PM, Oct. 20||North Gate entrance of Lucas Oil Stadium leading up to Sunday Night Football|
NBC’s Sunday Night Football coverage featuring Colts vs. Broncos will begin at 7 p.m. ET with Football Night in America. For more information about this week’s NFL coverage, click here.
Throughout the weekend in Indianapolis, NBC Sports will run a “#ManningMoments” social media scavenger hunt beginning tomorrow morning at Carey Ridge Elementary. From Friday morning leading up to SNF, 18 clues will be provided by the @SNFonNBC twitter handle, and will direct participants to a specific location to find an SNF prize. One of the 18 prizes will feature two tickets to Sunday’s Broncos-Colts game. Follow @SNFonNBC here for clues: https://twitter.com/snfonnbc
The following 18 “#ManningMoments” will correspond with 18 scavenger hunt clues in Indianapolis:
- On April 18, 1998, Peyton Manning was selected #1 overall in the NFL Draft by the Indianapolis Colts.
- Manning threw his first career touchdown pass to WR Marvin Harrison on September 6, 1998.
- In the 2003 season, Manning threw for 4,267 passing yards and 29 touchdowns, and was named league MVP.
- He was also named the league MVP in 2004;
- And 2008;
- And in 2009, Manning became the only player in NFL history to win four MVP awards.
- In 2007, Manning led the Colts to a victory over the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XLI.
- Two weeks earlier, Manning led his team from an 18-point deficit to win the AFC Championship Game over the New England Patriots.
- At the December, 26, 2004 game against the San Diego Chargers, he threw his 49th touchdown pass to Brandon Stokley, breaking Dan Marino’s 20-year old record for scoring passes in a season.
- Manning led the Colts to a comeback versus Tampa Bay Buccaneers in primetime on October 6, 2003.
- October 4, 1998, was Peyton Manning’s first NFL win, leading the Colts over #2 NFL Draft pick Ryan Leaf and the San Diego Chargers.
- On January 4, 2004, Manning won his first playoff game against the Denver Broncos, posting 377 passing yards and five touchdowns in a 41-10 win, still the most lopsided playoff victory in Colts history.
- In 2010, Manning threw for 4,700 passing yards. He has an NFL-record 12 4,000 yard-seasons.
- On September 9, 2012, Manning won his first game as the Broncos quarterback on Sunday Night Football, winning the “The Sunday Night Football” game ball.
- In 2006, Manning faced off against younger brother Eli at Giants Stadium – the first Manning Bowl.
- At the 2006 Manning Bowl, Peyton Manning won 26-21. He won the next two Manning Bowls.
- At NFL Kickoff 2013, Manning threw seven touchdowns in a game, tying the NFL record.
- On October 20, 2013, on Sunday Night Football, Manning returns to Lucas Oil Stadium to face the Indianapolis Colts for the first time.
THE SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL BUS BY THE NUMBERS
- The 304 square-foot bus is wrapped with images of NFL players, Carrie Underwood and the 2013 SNF schedule (for images, click here).
- The SNF bus will drive more than 17,000 miles across the country through the season, and cross the country at least three times.
- There will be 18 game day stops over 17 weeks (for the 2013 SNF schedule, click here).
- The bus will have four stops per week in each local market.
ABOUT THE SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL BUS
The Sunday Night Football bus made its debut Sept. 8 in Dallas and continues to Seattle this week. The Sunday Night Football bus will travel to all 17 SNF games, and the Thanksgiving night game in Baltimore, arriving in each city two or three days prior to each game. The bus makes stops at local landmarks and events in each market before making its way to the game site for a full Sunday at the stadium, giving fans the opportunity to interact with America’s most-watched primetime television show. Integrated marketing agency CSE collaborated with NBC Sports Group’s marketing team on the Sunday Night Football bus, and manages all tour stops for the entire campaign.
The Sunday Night Football bus incorporates exclusive activities and social media both inside and out. SNF‘s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts along with the #SNF hashtag will be displayed on the exterior. Once on the bus, fans and visitors can tweet and post photos of themselves in the broadcast positions occupied by Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth from a mock SNF studio.
Also, along for the ride will be four SNF “Fans of the Week” chosen based on their social media activity, team pride and SNF fandom. In each home market, the SNF “Fans of the Week” will be given a VIP experience that includes a trip on the bus and game tickets.
Fans who can’t visit in person can “Follow The Bus” when it hits the road at NBCSports.com/FollowSNF, which will include an interactive map, a behind-the-scenes look at the Sunday Night Football crew and talent, plus content from the bus itself. Fans can also contribute to the map by uploading their own photos sharing and showing their SNF and team pride.
“THE SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL”
For the second consecutive season NBC Sports will present “The Sunday Night Football,” a custom made football from Wilson, which will travel with the SNF crew all season long on the SNF bus alongside 2012’s “The Sunday Night Football.” Fans of SNF on Facebook and Twitter will be able to keep up with “The Sunday Night Football” on the SNF Facebook page, follow its path through each city and recommend where it should visit while in town. In addition, fans can visit NBCSports.com/FollowSNF.
At the end of each SNF game, “The Sunday Night Football” will be signed by the player of the game. Photos, video and stories around “The Sunday Night Football” and its travels will live on Facebook, Twitter, and SNF All-Access.
|*Week 1||Peyton Manning||Ravens at Broncos||Thurs. Sept. 5|
|Week 1||Tony Romo & Sean Lee||Giants at Cowboys||Sun. Sept. 8|
|Week 2||Marshawn Lynch & Richard Sherman||49ers at Seahawks||Sun. Sept. 15|
|Week 3||Jay Cutler & Major Wright||Bears at Steelers||Sun., Sept. 22|
|Week 4||Tom Brady & LaGarrette Blount||Patriots at Falcons||Sun., Sept. 29|
|Week 5||NaVorro Bowman & Frank Gore||Texans at 49ers||Sun., Oct. 6|
|Week 6||Dwayne Harris, Sean Lee & Brandon Carr||Redskins at Cowboys||Sun., Oct. 15|
|*NFL Kickoff 2013|
Founded in 1986 as an athlete management and marketing firm, CSE (www.groupcse.com) has evolved into one of the longest-running and most-diversified independent marketing agencies in the country. CSE helps businesses and brands connect with consumers and fans through multi-dimensional strategy building and execution across a wide range of diversified areas, including strategic sponsorships, experiential marketing, social media campaigns, digital, media content creation, multicultural, advertising, analytics, communications and PR, talent management and more.
– NBC SPORTS GROUP –