FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, January 28th, 2013
COMCAST SPORTSNET’S ‘LIVE FROM NEW ORLEANS’ RAVENS SUPER BOWL-WEEK COVERAGE KICKS OFF TODAY
NETWORK’S DAILY LINEUP HIGHLIGHTED BY RAVENS SHOWDOWN ON THE BAYOU, SPORTSTALK LIVE AND GEICO SPORTSNET CENTRAL
LIVE NEWS CONFERENCE COVERAGE BEGINS JAN. 30; RAVENS KICKOFF AND RAVENS POSTGAME LIVE TO AIR SUPER BOWL SUNDAY
CSNBALTIMORE.COM TO PROVIDE EXTENSIVE RAVENS CONTENT SUPER BOWL WEEK
Bethesda, Md. (Jan. 28, 2013) – Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic’s “Live From New Orleans” week-long coverage of the Ravens’ appearance in Super Bowl XLVII against the San Francisco 49ers on Feb. 3 kicks off today, Monday, Jan. 28. The network’s daily Super Bowl-week lineup is highlighted by RAVENS Showdown on the Bayou, special editions of Geico SportsNet Central and SportsTalk Live from New Orleans.
Comcast SportsNet’s Super Bowl-week programming will also feature live news conference coverage from New Orleans with Ravens News Conference Live and 49ers News Conference Live, which begin Jan. 30. The network’s comprehensive game-day shows, Ravens Kickoff and Ravens Postgame Live, will air before and after the game on Feb. 3.
Comcast SportsNet will produce more than 28 hours of live coverage, which will result in more than 50 hours of programming, and extensive online content at CSNbaltimore.com surrounding the Super Bowl. The expert team providing on-location coverage for the network throughout the week includes anchor/reporters Rob Carlin, Brent Harris and Chris Miller; analysts Brad Jackson and Brian Mitchell and Ravens Insider J. Michael.
Comcast SportsNet’s “Live From New Orleans” Super Bowl-week Ravens coverage includes:
- RAVENS Showdown on the Bayou – Comcast SportsNet’s daily half-hour Ravens special will be hosted by Chris Miller and Brad Jackson from New Orleans. The show will provide news, features and interviews, as well as appearances by high-profile guests. RAVENS Showdown on the Bayou will debut weekdays at 5:30 p.m., with encores at 11:30 p.m., with the exception of Wednesday (12:30 a.m.) Expanded 90-minute editions will air Feb. 2 at 11:30 p.m. and Feb. 3 at 9 a.m.
- Geico SportsNet Central – Comcast SportsNet’s marquee daily news program, which is presented live multiple times daily, will deliver the region’s most comprehensive Ravens news coverage throughout Super Bowl week with extensive live reports, features and interviews provided by reporters and analysts on-site in New Orleans. Geico SportsNet Central airs most nights at 6 p.m., 10 p.m., 12 a.m. and 1 a.m., with multiple encores each morning.
- SportsTalk Live – Comcast SportsNet’s daily talk and entertainment show will be led from New Orleans by Super Bowl champions Brian Mitchell and Brad Jackson, who was a member of the Ravens’ championship team in 2001. The special editions will feature opinionated commentary, in-depth analysis and lively debate covering the Super Bowl. SportsTalk Live will air weeknights at 10:30 p.m. and 12:30 a.m., except for Wednesday (11:30 p.m.), with encores each morning.
- Ravens News Conference Live, 49ers News Conference Live – Comcast SportsNet will present live coverage of Ravens and 49ers Super Bowl-week news conferences. Ravens News Conference Live will air Jan. 30 and Jan 31 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with 49ers News Conference Live scheduled to precede the Ravens coverage those days from 9 to 10:15 a.m. The news conferences will feature the teams’ head coaches, assistant coaches and players. The network will also present live coverage of the head coaches’ joint news conference Friday at 9:30 a.m.
- CSNbaltimore.com – Comcast SportsNet’s digital media platforms will provide extensive online content covering the Ravens throughout Super Bowl week. Led by Ravens Insider J. Michael, CSNbaltimore.com will provide breaking news, special reports, in-depth analysis and special features, including the RavensTalk blog and a new social media center, Ravens Pulse. CSNBayArea.com experts will also supply 49ers coverage to CSNbaltimore.com Super Bowl week.
- Ravens Kickoff,Ravens Postgame Live – Comcast SportsNet’s live Super Bowl game-day coverage will feature full news, analysis and interviews before and after the game. Hosted by Chris Miller, the shows will feature analysts Brad Jackson and Antonio Freeman and reporters Brent Harris, Rob Carlin and J. Michael. Ravens Kickoff will air for an hour at 5 p.m. Ravens Postgame Live will air live following the game and will encore at 12 a.m. and Feb. 4 at 7 a.m.
For a complete Comcast SportsNet programming schedule, see attachment or visit http://www.csnbaltimore.com/ontv.
Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic – the official sports network of the Washington Redskins, Baltimore Ravens, Washington Capitals, Washington Wizards, D.C. United, Atlantic Coast Conference and Colonial Athletic Association – delivers more than 500 live sporting events per year, along with Emmy Award-winning news, analysis and entertainment programming, to more than 4.7 million homes throughout the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. Comcast SportsNet’s digital portfolio, highlighted by CSNwashington.com and CSNbaltimore.com, is the region’s leading source for online sports news and information.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consists of 13 local networks that deliver more than 2,400 sporting events annually, along with breaking news and comprehensive analysis, to more than 50 million cable and satellite homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Houston, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, CSS and SNY. NBC Sports Regional Networks also manages NECN (New England Cable News), the nation’s largest regional news network, and The Comcast Network, based in Philadelphia and Washington, which delivers community-oriented programming. For more information, see ComcastSportsNet.com.
COMCAST SPORTSNET MID-ATLANTIC
email@example.com | (O) 240-223-6676 | (C) 301-219-4885