FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, December 7th, 2012
NFL, NBA AND MLB STARS FEATURED IN “THE WHISTLE,” TODAY AT 4 P.M. ET ON NBC SPORTS NETWORK
New York – December 7, 2012 – The Whistle, NBC Sports Network’s weekly series centered on kids, explores the world of professional sports with the NFL, NBA and MLB in today’s episode. Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Lamarr Woodley, Utah Jazz Gordon Hayward and Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp, along with the Harlem Globetrotters and BMX Rider Dave Mirra, are featured in Friday’s show, airing at 4 p.m. ET. Highlights include:
· How I Do It: An interview with Super Bowl XLIII champion and Steelers linebacker Lamarr Woodley;
· Face Time with Utah Jazz player Gordon Hayward;
· A look inside the mind of Los Angeles Dodgers’ outfielder Matt Kemp;
· How to Dunk: The Harlem Globetrotters give advice on the classic slam;
· Set Up: A behind-the-scenes tour of BMX rider Dave Mirra’s gear tweaks and personal preferences;
· And an educational segment on the importance of the ACL and how to treat the sports injury.
The Whistle on NBC Sports Network covers the players, the fans, the training and the sports for kids.
ABOUT NBC SPORTS NETWORK
NBC Sports Network, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans. Now in nearly 80 million homes, the network is the cable television home of the Summer and Winter Olympics, National Hockey League (NHL), Major League Soccer (MLS), IZOD IndyCar Series, Tour de France and the 34th America’s Cup, and beginning in 2013, the Premier League and Formula One. In addition, NBC Sports Network features college football, college basketball, college hockey, outdoor programming, horse racing surrounding the Triple Crown and Breeders’ Cup, Fight Night boxing, Ironman, the Dew Action Sports Tour and USA Sevens Rugby. The network is also home to original programs such as Costas Tonight, NFL Turning Point, Caught Looking, NBC Sports Talk, Pro Football Talk and The Dan Patrick Show. NBC Sports Network is distributed via cable systems and satellite operators throughout the United States.