FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, August 6th, 2012
1,117,011,735 PAGE VIEWS FOR NBCOLYMPICS.COM
LONDON – August 6, 2012 – As the second week of the London 2012 Olympic Games begins, NBCOlympics.com has surpassed one billion page views across its computer, mobile and tablet platforms, including the two NBC Olympics apps, NBC Olympics Live Extra and NBC Olympics. With six days remaining, the London Olympics page view total is 1.1 billion, nearly surpassing the total page views for the entire 2008 Beijing Olympics (1.2 billion).
Additional digital highlights include:
- Gabby Douglas (18.27 million views) leading Michael Phelps (7.04 million) by more than 11 million views as NBCOlympics.com’s ‘Most-Clicked Athlete’;
- 7.6 million devices having been verified by cable, satellite and telco customers;
- Total video streams now over 100 million (102.6 million), which surpasses the 75.5 million total streams for the entire 2008 Beijing Olympics;
- Live video streams reaching 45 million, more than triple the total live streams for the entire Beijing Olympics (14 million);
- Visitors are spending more than 27 minutes per visit in the site (118% ahead of Beijing).
- More than seven million downloads of the NBC Olympics Live Extra and NBC Olympics apps, peaking at No. 1 and No. 2 as the Top Free apps for iPhone and iPad on App Store.
Following are more highlights of NBC Olympics’ digital coverage of the 2012 London Olympics (data provided by Omniture is through Sunday, August 5):
- NBCOlympics.com has surpassed one billion page views (1.1 billion) across its computer, mobile and tablet platforms, including the two NBC Olympics apps, NBC Olympics Live Extra and NBC Olympics.
- Through the same point in the Games, London page views are outpacing Beijing (811 million) by 38 percent.
- With six days remaining, the London Olympics page view total has reached 1.1 billion, nearly surpassing the total page views for the entire 2008 Beijing Olympics (1.2 billion).
- On average, visitors to NBCOlympics.com spend more than 27 minutes per visit, 118% higher than the average time spent per user during the Beijing Olympics (12 minutes).
- Gabby Douglas — the women’s gymnastics all-around gold medalist who also won gold as a member of Team USA — is by far the ‘Most Clicked Athlete’ on NBC Olympics.com with 18.27 million views, more than 11 million more than the most-decorated Olympian of all time, Michael Phelps, who won four gold and two silver medals here in London. Following are the Top 10 Most Clicked Athletes on NBCOlympics.com:
|Gabby Douglas||Gymnast, USA||18.27 million|
|Michael Phelps||Swimmer, USA||7.04 million|
|McKayla Maroney||Gymnast, USA||6.04 million|
|Jordyn Wieber||Gymnast, USA||5.94 million|
|Aly Raisman||Gymnast, USA||3.01 million|
|Misty May-Treanor||Beach Volleyball, USA||2.45 million|
|Missy Franklin||Swimmer, USA||2.36 million|
|Usain Bolt||Track & Field, Jamaica||2.33 million|
|Ryan Lochte||Swimmer, USA||2.27 million|
|Serena Williams||Tennis, USA||1.83 million|
- Cable, satellite, and telco customers have now verified 7.6 million devices either on NBCOlympics.com or on the NBC Olympics Live Extraapp, an increase of one million devices since Friday, August 3.
- This is believed to be the most device verifications ever for a single event in TV Everywhere history.
- There are approximately 100 million multi-channel homes in the U.S.
TOTAL VIDEO STREAMS
- 102.6 million, 147% more than Beijing (41.6 million) through the same period
- For entire Beijing Games: 75.5 million total streams
- 13.2 million hours of total video streamed, 121% more than Beijing (5.9 million) through the same period
- For entire Beijing Games: 9.9 million hours of video streamed
LIVE VIDEO STREAMS
- 45.2 million, 355% more than Beijing through the same period (10.0 million streams)
- London has already more than tripled the live streams for the entire Beijing Olympics (14 million)
- 8.7 million hours of live video has been streamed, 365% more than Beijing (1.9 million hours) through the same period
- London has already surpassed Beijing
- For entire Beijing: 4.0 million hours
- London has already surpassed Beijing
|London 2012||Beijing 2008|
|NBCOlympics.com computer||39.1 million||37.0 million|
|NBCOlympics.com mobile website||6.8 million||4.2 million|
|NBC Olympics Live Extra app||8.7 million||
|NBC Olympics app||3.1 million||
MOST-WATCHED OLYMPIC LIVE STREAMS (ALL OLYMPICS)
(All were streamed only to cable, satellite and telco customers who verified their accounts, except Usain Bolt’s 100m gold medal race on Aug. 5, 2012, and Michael Phelps’ 200IM gold medal victory on Aug. 2, 2012)
|DATE||GAMES||VIDEO CLIP||VIDEO SPORT||
|July 31, 2012||London||Team USA Women’s Gymnastics wins Gold||Gymnastics||
|August 5, 2012||London||Usain Bolt wins Men’s 100m||Track & Field||
|August 2, 2012||London||Michael Phelps wins 200IM Gold||Swimming||
|August 2, 2012||London||Gabby Douglas wins Women’s All-Around Gold||Gymnastics||
|July 30, 2012||London||Men’s Gymnastics Team Gold Medal Final||Gymnastics||
|July 31, 2012||London||Team USA Men’s Swimming wins 4×200 Gold||Swimming||
|July 28, 2012||London||Ryan Lochte wins 400IM Gold||Swimming||
|July 29, 2012||London||Team USA Men’s Swimming earns 4×100 Silver||Swimming||
|July 29, 2012||London||Team USA Women’s Gymnastics Qualifications||Gymnastics||
|August 1, 2012||London||Men’s Gymnastics All-Around Gold Medal Final||Gymnastics||
|August 22, 2008||Beijing||USA Men’s Basketball Semifinal||Basketball||